Safety, Health, and Security
At Rayz we understand education and development are important, but nothing matters more than the safety of your children. Our teachers and staff will take great care in creating a safe and healthy environment that allows children to learn without boundaries , creating a world of endless possibilities for themselves.
We have the following measures in place to ensure the safety, health and security of your children:
Each morning when the child will arrive at school the teacher on duty will conduct a health check. This includes:
- Taking the child's temperature
- Looking for blisters on the hands and feet
- Lastly the child's hands are sanitised before going to class
- The staff continues to monitor the child for any symptoms of illness during the day and notifies parents when their child does not feel well to help prevent an illness from spreading.
- All teachers will be trained in first aid and for emergency situations.
- Our campus, toys and other materials will be disinfected on a daily basis with safe, non-toxic cleaning products. These products are locked away safely out of the reach of children.
- We will encourage children to wash their hands several times throughout the day. We will make learning about health and hygiene fun through songs and rhymes.
- Our campuses will be secured so that only authorised staff and families may enter.
- No child will be released to any unknown person without written authorisation and proper identification.
- Our safe, secure perimeters ensure that children can enjoy outdoor play safely.
- We use safety gates and window guards
- Our campus will be equipped with smoke detectors and fire extinguishers.
- We believe it is important for children to cultivate healthy dietary habits from a young age. As such, all our meals are well-balanced, varied and nutritious; they are low in fat, sugar, salt and cholesterol and adequate in protein, vitamins, minerals and dietary fibre, as recommended by a child specialist.
- Weekly menus will be posted on the parent's information board.
- All meals will be prepared by our specially trained in-house cooks and are designed to be both appropriately nutritious and appealing to the children.
- The names of children who have allergies or special diet requirements are prominently displayed in the classroom for our teachers to take the necessary precautions.
- We have strict policies for administering medication to children. We require a doctor's note for any medication, prescription or over the counter, given to a child to ensure their safety.
- Medications will be stored out of the reach of children.
- Our campus will have age-appropriate, high-quality playground equipment that is safe and kid tested.
- All outside play areas will be inside secure fences with locked gates.
- Children may not use play equipment when it is wet and without the supervision of an adult.